Friday, 21 January 2011

Friday, 21st January; Save the Children

I am a shopaholic. But not the usual kind. I hate clothes shopping and shoe shopping. My problem is with books. I cannot walk past a bookshop or a charity shop without going in and scouring the shelves. This problem has been exacerbated by my refusal to pay a £15 library fine at Newbury Library which I was slapped with when the husb offered to take my books back, but forgot and took them the next day, as busy people are wont to do sometimes. He then chivalrously tried to pay the fine for me, but wasn't allowed to with the "the data protection act" being quoted at him. I went in to do a bit of quoting too; excerpts from our council tax bill.

Anyway, I digress.




This pic shows my current pile of books to read that I have bought since Christmas, including a lethal visit to the Save the Children shop today as they have a two-for-one offer. I decided to buy "How to be green" and "Cityboy, beer and loathing in the square mile", as they were the most differing pair that I could find!

Save the Children is an international charity that works to help children and at the moment is currently working with families affected by the Haiti Earthquake, helping malnourished children in the Afghanistan Emergency and assisting Sierra Leone in building stronger health systems.

www.savethechildren.org.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment