Monday, 31 January 2011

January in review

Well, the first month is over and the proliferation of organisations and charities out there has meant that finding one every day has not been in the least bit challenging.

I've learned a few things. I've learned that if you offer help, people generally ask for money rather than your time. I've learned that 'thank yous' are rare, particularly in charity shops. And I've learned that I seem to feel a lot better about contributing to charities that help people, particularly people that are affected by circumstances beyond their control - say a flood compared to a war.

I'm looking forward to the weather changing so I can offer more physical help! I've already got a river clean up to go to and am in training for some races; 5Ks, cycling events and even a 10K! Yikes!

No comments:

Post a Comment