Monday, 31 January 2011

Monday, 31st January - the MSE Charity


This is something I've been meaning to do for a long, long time. A few years ago, when I was a journalist and earning the pitiful salary that a reporter earns in return for a long week including evenings and weekends, I was struggling to make ends meet. Earning a small salary is made quite a lot worse when you live in a wealthy town, and I despaired of ever getting out of the depressing cycle of all of my money going out of my account on payday. Happily though, I came across www.moneysavingexpert.com which quite literally changed my life. The website was set up by Martin Lewis who, as well as being a consumer champion, is an award-winning campaigning TV & radio presenter, newspaper columnist, a bestselling author and top chap to boot.



He has probably saved countless lives. I don't know how many times I've seen desperate people on his forum who see no other way forward but to end it all. With his advice, as well as the people on the forum, they've decided on a plan of action and turned their finances (and fortunes) around.

Martin started the enormous campaign to reclaim illegal bank charges, with over 6 million template letters downloaded and a billion pounds paid back, and he has also run massive financial justice campaigns to reclaim Council Tax, Mortgage Fees, PPI amongst others.

His MSE Charity helps to fight financial and consumer illiteracy and I was delighted to put something back into a website that I got so much from.

Thank you Martin.

www.moneysavingexpert.com

No comments:

Post a Comment