Thursday, 20 January 2011

Thursday, 20th January: RNLI

I hope I can be forgiven for treating myself to a coffee at a service station in the early hours of this morning. I usually make myself a flask of tea when I have a long journey which I then leave by the kettle... Anyway, today I left home before 5am for a meeting, so about 7am, it was time for a Costa Coffee at Sedgemoor Services on the M5 who had a collection box for the RNLI that I was happy to empty some coins into.

The Royal National Lifeboat Institution is a wonderful charity with courageous volunteers who work to save lives at sea. I sadly live in landlocked Newbury in Berkshire which is almost as far away from the sea as you can get in the UK, but I grew up within 100m of the beach and know how important the work of the the lifeboat search and rescue service is.

http://www.rnli.org.uk/

No comments:

Post a Comment