Tuesday, 26 April 2011

Sunday, 24th April - Brownies

Yesterday Sainsbugs, today Tusco vouchers! This time they're destined to help out one of the local Brownie groups to lay their hands on some sporting equipment..

As a youngster, I was a Brownie and I think one of my first holidays from home was with the local pack (we went to Lyme Regis which was about 20 minutes from where we lived!). I loved Brownies and think that as a shy youngster it was a good thing for me and helped me learn to think about being a better person. I remember my dad's delight at the tea-making challenge that I had to do (I had to make 30 cups of tea for a venture badge and had easily made these within a couple of days!) and I recall my mum laughing at me when I asked her to sew my sewing badge onto my uniform...good times!

Girlguiding UK is the United Kingdom's largest voluntary organisation for girls and young women, with around half a million members including about 100,000 trained volunteer adult Leaders and supporters. 'Girlguiding UK' is an operating name of The Guide Association.


www.girlguiding.org.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment