Sunday, 17 April 2011

Sunday - Red Cross appeal for Japan

After a late night, getting up at 6am required a caffeine boost at 8am which I got at services in preparation for working at an event today. I bought coffee at that chain of coffee shops that I always insist I won't go into and put some coins into their collection tin for CHildren in Need.

Then after my fix, and enjoying the atmosphere created by the Stoke and Bolton fans on their way to the FA Cup semi final at Wembley, who'd also stopped at the same services, I went onto the event which was the second annual national Renaultsport meeting where owners of Clios, Meganes, Twingos and even Alpines and Spiders got together at the National Heritage Motor Centre in Gaydon, Warwickshire. Renault had supported the event and staff raffled some great prizes including a track day at the venue of your choice, in aid of the Japan earthquake appeal. I didn't feel that I should be entering the competition, but stuck a few quid in the box. In total, everyone there raised £850.

No comments:

Post a Comment