Thursday, 26 May 2011

Wednesday, 25th May - Bike Project



I actually did this today (Thursday), but since I actually put my donation in the car yesterday, I'm going to count it! I mentioned that on Saturday, MrM and I attended the Growing2gether event at Cottismore. While we were there, we were talking to the manager of the project who mentioned that he ran a similar project that recycled old bicycles. Apparently, there are quite a few perfectly useable bikes put in landfill, and along with donations of bikes and bike parts, his apprentices can refurbish these and then sell them.

I am a keen, but terrible cyclist, and use my bike quite alot. However, I did have an old bike that an unnamed member of family had borrowed, dismantled, and returned to me - still in pieces. I gave the frame away on freecycle and of course, no sooner had I done that, than the wheels turned up! I took these to the Bicycle Project at the Community Furniture Project at the Slater Centre where they were welcomed by a young lad!

No comments:

Post a Comment