Tuesday, 24 July 2012

National Trust

I cannot resist a sign like this:



I bought four old books and one new one


for the McBaby from the Vyne National Trust property which has one of the most beautiful second hand bookshops I've ever been in, with a stunning window looking out onto the grounds.

I have to admit that I was a sod later on though. Naomi House was collecting money via stalls, one of which was yet another book stall. I picked up three and was about to pay for them but realised, as is pretty much the story of my life at the moment, that I didn't quite have enough cash.

At I realised this and had started to shout the "M" of MrM, the woman on the stall yelled: "GUess the amount of teabags in the teapot" at me. These three thoughts ran through my head at the same time:

1. It's "number" of books, not "amount", (my grammatical bete noire) and you should know that if you are selling books.

2. You are becoming a complete grammar Nazi - stop it!

3. If I guess the amount/number of teabags, I won't have enough for the books.


It's lack of sleep - I promise I won't do it again....







www.naomihouse.org.uk/


www.nationaltrust.org.uk/thevyne/





.

No comments:

Post a Comment