Sunday, 29 July 2012

Walking to Cornwall...

I don't know this lady, but I am JEALOUS. What a great idea for a great cause. And while pregnant too!

www.justgiving.com/annaswalktocornwall/eurl.axd/641022e9bc71144f861ce4f3bbb512e9

Back to my own charity efforts. WHile it's not a charity as such, I've decided to log my efforts to make the world rethink its plastic use and have finally, finally got round to ordering this book (after reaching payout on my nectar points) www.amazon.co.uk/Plastic-Free-How-Kicked-Plastic-Habit/dp/1616086246/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1343555493&sr=8-1

I am thrilled that there is someone else out there who feels the same way I do about plastic invading our lives.

This kind of thing:



makes me want to cry. Who does it benefit apart from the packaging companies who must be making a...ahem packet? I am looking into either joining an environmental charity or setting my own up to spread the word about the damage that is done by plastic and turning myths on their heads such as the man in Wilkinson's who laughed when I said I didn't want a bag for the tiny purchase I made, telling me that their bags are "Biodegradable" (they're not, and even so called "biodegradable bags don't biodegrade completely), because they're made from recycled plastic.




http://myplasticfreelife.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment