Thursday, 6 September 2012

Duchess of Kent House Charity

This morning's jumble sale was a fundraiser for the Duchess of Kent House hospice in Reading so I was delighted to hand over a bag of clothes (including a suit jacket which is weird timing as I've just gone back to work after maternity leave this week), books and my mum's massive money box shaped like a 2p coin!



In fact, two ladies tried to wrest this item from my hands, yet neither of them wanted to pay the very reasonable £1 for it, although I think the volunteer did point out it was for charity and did prise a hard-won quid from one of them!

I, of course, exhibited my usual lack of self control and paid £1 for six disparate books; 5 on management and one on Oscar Wilde!



www.dokhc.org.uk


1 comment:

  1. First rule of management - learn to count how many books are pictured! Doh!

    ReplyDelete