Tuesday, 7 October 2014

Swish, swish, swish!

If there's one thing that makes my heart sing out more loudly than a jumble sale, it's a clothes swapping event! All of the joy of getting something new to wear, without having to queue for hours listening to people drone on about X Factor, and being elbowed in the ribs!

After seeing this poster about a clothes swap event in my town in aid of the British Heart Foundation, my mind started ticking through the clothes I have. If you see me in real life, you'll know that I don't own many outfits!





I finally chose a colourful raincoat that I bought but never wore and a French Connection skirt that is a size 10 and was last worn by me at university. I know my mum spent a fortune on it, so I never had the heart to get rid of it. Nor the motivation to lose weight, it seems.

I took the McBaby, who enjoyed hiding in the clothes racks and trying to steal cake from pretty ladies, while I set to work having paid £1 per swap ticket. Eventually, I found two pretty dresses, both quite similar while the McBaby popped balloons everywhere he went.





I (s)wish there were more of these events, but here's a handy website http://swishing.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment